Battery Loading Unit (BLUe)
Battery banks are becoming inseparable part of uninterrupted or back-up power supply arrangements in various industries like Power, Telecom, IT etc. In substations the critical protection, control & communication systems run on battery power. Hence the reliability of these battery banks is crucial to ensure smooth operation of equipment which they are serving in above industries. The capacity of battery may get reduced signifi cantly before the expected life span of battery due to various reasons. The only way to assess the continual healthiness of battery banks is periodical maintenance inspection & testing. And conducting a discharge test on batteries is most eff ective way to check the battery capacity.
SCOPE introduces BLUe Series Battery Loading Units; portable instruments for controlled & monitored discharge of batteries. It is designed for integrated site discharge test, design & QC test and also for monitoring discharge process of battery bank with connected load. Single autonomous unit having built-in display, keypad and wireless communication with PC makes it very easy to use. It comes in diff erent confi gurations ranging from 12V to 380V discharge voltages and 50A to 300A discharge currents. Various options are available to control & monitor the discharge process. With the help of optional Cell Monitoring Unit - CELLMon, voltage of each individual cell can be monitored & data sent to main BLUe unit and then from main unit to PC via wireless communication. Each BLUe unit is supplied with PC downloading & analysis software for real time monitoring of discharge process.
- Portable unit with rolling wheels thus convenient for onsite testing.
- Optional wireless CELLMon enables the process PC monitoring both for discharging and charging.
- BLUe sets 4 conditions for auto shut-down of discharge process so secured and time-saving operation.
- Continue discharge facility is available when previous discharge is stopped abnormally.
- Parallel connection of two discharging units for mass discharge.
- Real-time display of voltage for each cell with the help of Cell Monitoring Unit, CELLMon.
- Accurate data results and vivid waveforms.
- Auto sorting for lag-out batteries during discharging.
- AC & DC power supply modes for diff erent needs.
- Integrated functions for displaying, controlling and discharging.
- Safe circuit design to avoid damage of battery when testing.
- Direct USB drive for convenient data transfer to PC.
- Powerful Battery Discharge Monitor Software for data analyzing and report printing
- Thermal cut-off and automatic overload protection.