Underground cable faults cannot be avoided due to many factors such as road widening, infrastructure improvement, digging carried out for repairs of other underground utilities etc.
These faults generally take long time to detect and hence long time to repair the damaged cables and restore the power supply. Long outages cause heavy production loss to industries, revenue loss to power distribution companies and inconvenience to general public. This calls for quick fault location and restoration of power supply in minimum possible time.
An ordinary fault locating kit comprising of diagnosis set and pin-pointing equipment can take long time to locate fault point. SCOPE offers pre-locator instruments that can give the fault distance to help the operator for reaching the spot quickly and pin-pointing the fault in a short time.
CFL PL4 Power Cable Fault Locator is a portable, easy to use cable fault pre-location instrument. It uses the Time Domain Reflection (TDR), Secondary Impulse Method / Multiple Impulse method (MIM) and Impulse Current Method (ICM) on low, medium and high voltage cables. Its measuring ranges enable pre-location on cable lengths from 500 m to 64km.
CFL PL4 is operated through function keys and touch screen, it is fully menu guided. This instrument is supplied with rechargeable lithiumion batteries.
- Adjustable Balance of instrument resistance to suit the cable under test.
- Adjustable Gain for optimal waveform resolution.
- Facility to store & compare the waveforms.
- Housed in rugged, IP class moulded case.
- Compact and light weight.
- Large range of Propagation Velocity from 90 to 300m/ μS covers all type of cables including pilot and telecom able with any type of insulation.
- Interactive menu-guidance
- Touch screen and color LCD
- Measuring range up to 64 km
- USB port for communication
- Memory upto100 results
- Voltage of transmitting pulse : 30V
- Width of transmitting pulse : 40 ns-3.56 μs
- Voltage withstand : 400V AC (50/60Hz)
- Output impedance : 5 - 80Ω
- Measuring range : 0 – 64 km
- Sampling rate : 100MHz (10ns)
- Location error : TDR and MIM mode:≤±1m when detecting range ≤4 km ≤±4m when detecting range >4 kmICM mode:≤±4m when detecting range ≤4 km ≤±16m when detecting range>4Km
- Propagation velocity : 90-300 m/μs
- Number of echograms memories: >100
- Display: 640x480, Touch screen and Color LCD
- Charging voltage :Input: 110 – 265V AC Output: 8.4V± 10% DC
- Rechargeable batteries : Operation time upto 5hrs
- Operating temperature : -20 to 50 °C
- Storage temperature : -40 to 60 °C
- Type of protection IP54 : Splash Proof and Dust Protected
- Dimensions : 330mm×305mm×152mm