SAMon from SCOPE is a powerful Online Leakage Current Monitoring system for continuous monitoring of metal oxide (Zno) Surge Arrester leakage current in live EHV / UHV substations.
It consists of portable Field Unit which is intalled near SA in IP enclosure, a PC at control room on which SAMon software is intalled and a Communication link between the two.
SAmon monitors Third Harmonic Resistive Leakage Current (THRC) which reflects the healthiness of SA, as per IEC 60099-5 B2.
Field Unit contuinously measures THRC at pre-set time interval and sends to central PC located in control room for monitoring all SAs in substation, multiple Field Units are used.
- State of the art, on-line test system for Residual Life Assessment of Surge Arrester (LA).
- Measures 3rd harmonic resistive leakage current and total leakage current as per IEC 60099-5 B2.
- I nbuilt system harmonic compensation.
- Temperature compensation through inbuilt temperature sensor.
- Specially designed low-noise permanent mounting type CT and field probe.
- Authentic, time-stamped test results, data management through built-in real time clock, memory, PC connectivity & analysis software.
- Create library of SA to be monitored with all relevant ID & rating data.
- Set time interval between measurements. SAM Supplied with suitable Test Leads & aluminium transport case on unit will capture & transmit data accordingly.
- Trend analysis of SA performance possible by using Analysis Software.
- The SAMon analysis software is installed in the central PC. At decided interval PC sends request to the analyzing unit. The analyzing unit samples data from all the surge arresters calculates
the parameters and send it to PC.